Talk

Advanced search

Ice cream recipes please

(9 Posts)
BlueSkyBurningBright Sat 28-Jul-18 17:03:03

I have a new ice cream maker. My old one stopped working and I now have one that does not need pre freezing. Just plug it in and I can make batch after batch. It is great.

So far I have made:
Raspberry Sorbet
Vanilla
Peanut butter and choc chip
Rum and raisin (with Barcardi)

Dh and the kids are enjoying being the tasters. Though I have not tried chocolate yet.

What are your favourite ice cream recipes?

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Sat 28-Jul-18 17:43:29

Vanilla fudge
Vanilla with cookie dough - you could do chocolate cookie dough but I don’t like chocolate ice cream
Brown bread (sounds rank tastes good)
Limoncello sorbet
Cranachan
Eton Mess

And as Christmas try Christmas Pudding ice cream- that’s nice

Ricekrispie22 Sat 28-Jul-18 19:47:00

Honeycomb www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2459640/honeycomb-ice-cream
Baileys allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/45705/baileys--ice-cream.aspx
Maltesers www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9625/malt-chocolate-ice-cream
Cherry and almond www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/m/martha-collison-scherryalmondicecream.html?wtrint=1-Content-_-2-Recipes-_-3-ice-cream-recipes-_-4--_-5-hotspot-_-6-mintchoc
Eton mess www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/e/eton-mess-ice-cream.html?wtrint=1-Content-_-2-Recipes-_-3-ice-cream-recipes-_-4--_-5-hotspot-_-6-etonmess

BlueSkyBurningBright Sun 29-Jul-18 17:23:20

Thank you.

The chocolate maltesers one sounds amazing.

DS1 is home and told me that he does not approve of fruit in ice cream, I will make the maltesers one for him.

aroomwithaperfectview Sun 29-Jul-18 17:36:17

So far my DP has made:

Strawberry
Apricot
Mango
Melon
Grapefruit
Cherry
And my favourite so far: lemon and basil.

wishingchair1 Sun 29-Jul-18 17:56:41

Which ice cream maker did you get out of interest?

aroomwithaperfectview Sun 29-Jul-18 18:36:52

I just had a look and it's a Lacor 69315 which my Mil gave us recently as she wasn't getting much use from it. We (DP) uses it every time we have some fruits too ripe to be eaten. No more waste and a dessert ready in 30 mn.

1frenchfoodie Mon 30-Jul-18 06:57:02

Any thing by David Lebovitz, he has a great ice cream recipe book called the perfect scoop but also has a blog www.davidlebovitz.com with lots of recipes

BlueSkyBurningBright Fri 03-Aug-18 22:30:10

This is the one I got Ice Cream Maker Though I got it on Amazon and paid less than JL are charging.

Today I made Vanilla, Mint choice chip and Raspberry ripple.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »