Talk

Advanced search

Easy veggie cookbooks

(5 Posts)
Stripeyblue Sun 08-Jul-18 09:33:46

I’ve been vegetarian for most of my life and love food generally but I’m not a good cook.

I’d like to eat more healthily but it needs to be easy and quick to do. Anyone have any easy veggie cookbook recommendations?

OP’s posts: |
KirstenRaymonde Sun 08-Jul-18 09:35:59

My favourite cookbook hands down is the Middle Eastern Vegetarian Cookbook. Everything in it is brilliant, but I’m not sure it’s all quick and healthy.

Your friend is Pinterest - that’s what I mostly use for recipe searching, even though I have lots of cook books

falaffels Sun 08-Jul-18 10:28:42

Hugh F-W's vegetable book is brilliant. Or anything by Rose Elliott.

Second Pinterest, and also have a look at the BBC food section.

myrtleWilson Sun 08-Jul-18 15:56:48

Meera Sodha's Fresh India is an absolute winner of a book - she also has a regular Guardian column on vegan food.

I've used Mildred's book before but gave it away as wasn't that sold on it.

Also have Anna Jones A modern Way to Eat (she's another one with a guardian column) and am trying to use it a bit more. Anna Jones is currently our chosen "food writer" for the month of July on the Cooking Club thread - pop over!

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/3293630-cooking-club-july-anna-jones-and-all-things-spanish

SuburbanRhonda Sun 08-Jul-18 15:59:03

I’ve been vegetarian for 35 years and have loads of cookbooks. Delia Smith’s vegetarian cookbook is the one I use the most and I can’t fault most of the recipes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »