Talk

Advanced search

Best choc cake??

(18 Posts)
BakesCakesAndEats Sat 07-Jul-18 08:56:03

Please share your best choc cake recipes with me?

OP’s posts: |
Ricekrispie22 Sat 07-Jul-18 11:33:22

Oh so fudgey, moist and chocolatey! www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/694633/double-chocolate-loaf-cake

flugelhorn81 Sat 07-Jul-18 11:38:03

Nigella's chocolate fudge cake, it's massive and rich: https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-fudge-cake

Her old fashioned chocolate cake is good too.

Martinimonster Sun 08-Jul-18 18:35:44

Holly bell chocolate cake is the best I've had.

MsHomeSlice Sun 08-Jul-18 18:40:44

Chocolate Mayo Cake ...i use hot coffee and not water, and ice with ganache

Just plonk it all in the bowl and get whisking. Minimal washing up! grin

HermioneWeasley Sun 08-Jul-18 18:42:55

Good food ultimate chocolate cake

MongerTruffle Sun 08-Jul-18 18:44:21

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwKGZS3EE7Q

I cried when I tasted this cake.

Bookaboo Mon 09-Jul-18 22:06:01

Sorry but chocolate cake with mayonnaise?? I feel a little bit sick.

I like the one from the Bero book. Can’t find a recipe online, but it’s one where you mix flour, sugar, salt, cocoa then rub in the butter before adding eggs & milk.

FloraHiggins Mon 09-Jul-18 22:10:15

Chocolate cakes made with buttermilk

thestayathomechef.com/the-most-amazing-chocolate-cake/

EasilyDistracted77 Mon 09-Jul-18 22:11:41

@bookshop, but mayonnaise is eggs and oil, 2 ingredients not uncommonly found in cake...

Chocolate mud cake. I can't share the recipe cos it's in an actual book, but I'm sure there are plenty of versions online. It's ridiculously rich and moist and tastes of chocolate, as it should do, rather than the slightly synthetic flavour you often get from a chocolate cake. Filled and topped with ganache (half dark, half milk) is as good as it gets for me.

YouCanCallMeNancy Mon 09-Jul-18 22:17:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MsHomeSlice Tue 10-Jul-18 10:57:39

@bookaboo ...try it

I am known countywide for that cake! The children always ask for it and so do their chums

muuu-uum....can you make cake I have to go to so&so's flat warming grin If I ask what sort of cake they always look at me hmm grin

Glittergirl30 Tue 10-Jul-18 15:45:47

Google a recipe that uses buttermilk, it makes it the squidgiest cake ever!

cornflakegirl Tue 10-Jul-18 15:48:35

Nigella's Old Fashioned chocolate cake is my current favourite

LaLaLolly Tue 10-Jul-18 16:10:45

"That Chocolate Cake" from Scharffen Berger's Essence of Chocolate cookbook. Google it. There's a following online.

It's unspeakable and anyone who tries it is hooked for life.

My whole extended family is obsessed and it's surprisingly easy to make. 99% cocoa chocolate is absolutely vital

aasthakapoor Tue 31-Jul-18 06:20:18

I try a lot of tasty food recipes at home to treat myself after a long day at work and even on weekends. And this weekend I decided to learn how to bake a cake? In desserts, Chocolate cakes have been my favorite, and one of my friends suggested me to check out the Living Foodz website, and I found this chocolate mud cake recipe and a lot more.

LoniceraJaponica Tue 31-Jul-18 06:22:58

Youcan it's fab isn't it. I often link to that recipe on here.

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 31-Jul-18 08:16:57

Thanks all grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »