Talk

Advanced search

BBQ virgin

(4 Posts)
eggcustard1 Sat 30-Jun-18 09:00:43

I would like to get a small (cheap as possible) BBQ for our small garden. We will only be feeding 6 people maximum. We have previously used disposable BBQ's but I fancy buying something more permanent.

Can I have your thoughts and tips please re bargain BBQ's, sticking to disposables, best to buy, best way to light etc......? ooh, and good ideas for food!

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Sat 30-Jun-18 17:36:44

Try reading this article

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/jun/08/barbecue-for-beginners

gerbo Sat 30-Jun-18 20:35:41

We are a family of four and use a Weber kettle BBQ, it sits low on the ground and is quite dinky (cost only around £40) but fits on just enough food for us for now. I'd like to get a larger Weber soon as the kids are suddenly eating more (8 and 11), but weirdly the cost jumps a lot, though the bigger ones come on stands/wheels.

DH uses charcoal and a few fire lighters. Works a treat. Had a burger each tonight and a pepper/halloumi kebab, with a big couscous salad- yum.

Good luck finding your BBQ!

BS9Mum Mon 08-Apr-19 16:21:15

I had great success last week with a disposable BBQ Stand which had a built in Windshield. My other half bought it on Amazon and was super happy. It was called BBQ Snug.
Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »