Talk

Advanced search

Football Snacks

(3 Posts)
ArtyFartyQueen Wed 27-Jun-18 22:14:55

DH is having some friends over tomorrow night and I said I’d do some snacks for them all. It’s so rare that he has friends over so I want to make the effort!

Any ideas of what I should make? I was thinking ribs, nachos and something sweet but would love some other ideas too!

J x

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Thu 28-Jun-18 00:59:43

Hmm ribs can be really messy and tricky to eat so I would probably go for something like spicy chicken wings or drumsticks instead and maybe some home-made sausage rolls
Nachos sounds great - and I would also put out extra tortilla chips with plenty of guacamole and salsa and some spicy ketchup (great for dipping the chicken wings/drumsticks) and maybe some crudites (carrots, celery, cucumber)

For your something sweet, how about making a batch of brownies? Or you can buy a few of those packs of brownie squares, mini doughnuts etc

Ricekrispie22 Thu 28-Jun-18 06:12:40

I seem to cater for my OH's or DS's mates a lot. Here are the best recipes:

Mac and cheese muffins recipes.sainsburys.co.uk/recipes/snacks/mac-and-cheese-muffins
Mini pitta pizzas www.weightwatchers.com/uk/recipe/mini-pitta-pizzas/5625c0592ac6750e34a97efd
Little scotch eggs www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/eggs-recipes/wee-scotch-eggs/
Mini pulled pork sliders www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/291658502
Spicy potato wedges www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1294/spiced-potato-wedges
Mini pitta pockets with sweet chilli chicken
Samosas www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/lamb-tikka-samosas
Empanadas www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/beef-empanadas/
Mini croque Monsieur www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mini-croque-monsieurs

Breaded mozzarella sticks, garlic bread, onion rings and sausage rolls and also popular.

For sweet, I find that chunks of fridge cake, rocky road or millionaire's shortbread work well. I often do this recipe www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/887648/nutty-chocolate-crunch

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »