Talk

Advanced search

What to serve with Korean fried chicken?

(6 Posts)
GimbleInTheWabe Wed 20-Jun-18 11:18:52

DP and I are making Korean fried chicken tonight (it's this recipe in case anyone wanted to know: https://www.itv.com/saturdaymorning/saturday-morning-recipes/korean-fried-chicken) but I wasn't sure what to serve with it, any ideas?

Obviously nothing else heavy (although... chips?!), so maybe some kind of slaw or salad? If I did rice would it be a bit bland with no sauce?

Thanks in advance!

OP’s posts: |
Einszwei Wed 20-Jun-18 11:29:36

When I was in Korea we would eat the fried chicken with plain steamed rice, with sides such as salad, a light coleslaw, pickled radish and a mayonaise sweetcorn dip. I used to like the yangnyeom chicken which was a sweet/spicy sauce. If you don't like spice, you could do a sweet soy based dipping sauce on the side?

happysunr1se Wed 20-Jun-18 12:04:32

kimchi mixed with chopped apple and mayo to make kimchi coleslaw.

GimbleInTheWabe Wed 20-Jun-18 12:42:32

Thanks everyone. Nice to know what is authentic to have with it @Einszwei. I think I'll make some pickled radish and a slaw and serve it with rice.

Love the idea of apple mixed in with the kimchi @happysunr1se!

GimbleInTheWabe Wed 20-Jun-18 17:51:59

Looking good so far. It looks a little more orange on the photo than in real life for some reason. The recipe actually missed out part of the wet batter ingredients (I think it missed out water as that's what I had to add to make it runny) so we'll see but seem crispy so far!

The sauces are awesome, if a little similar, and the kimchi plus apple is tasting good!

happysunr1se Wed 20-Jun-18 20:53:42

Looks yummy!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »