Talk

Advanced search

Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages.

(10 Posts)
Nousernameforme Mon 18-Jun-18 16:17:45

Dps eldest has recently gone vegan and gluten free. I can sort gluten free and I can do vegan but I am struggling with the two together.

Anyway I found these sausages which are both vegan and gluten free. As it's not the weather for mash and she can't have pasta what can I do with them?

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Mon 18-Jun-18 16:40:39

Gluten free pasta?
Sausages and potato wedges, sausages and beans, sausages with spicy rice...

kikashi Mon 18-Jun-18 17:21:49

Cooked and sliced and mixed into a brown rice salad. GF chickpea pasta is quite nice - sliced again in a sauce on that. With salads in a GF wrap or a large lettuce leaf . Serve with sweet potato wedges and relish or just loads of veg. Sliced into a stirfry.

FawnDrench Mon 18-Jun-18 17:22:33

We like them with baked potato and beans
Traybake with lots of vegetables
Curried

Redpriestandmozart Mon 18-Jun-18 20:51:55

Lovely sliced on a toasted bagel (gluten free) with branston pickle. Also defrost cut into 5 pieces, roll into little balls and cook as meatballs in tomato sauce and serve with corn pasta or rice.

toastedbeagle Mon 18-Jun-18 21:14:57

I made a sausage sandwich with them (on GF bread obvs for you). Have to say, they're not the tastiest of items!!

NotUmbongoUnchained Mon 18-Jun-18 21:16:25

They are absolutely horrible. Something with lots of sauce so you can’t taste them.

Elledouble Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:02

I make a sausage casserole with them, with roasted veg and a tin of chickpeas and tin of tomatoes. Sometimes polenta (is that GF?).

Wizzwazzwas Mon 18-Jun-18 21:17:05

Too late now, but tray roast

Nousernameforme Thu 21-Jun-18 10:13:45

Thanks lots of ideas here guess she is going to be living off these for a while

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »