Talk

Advanced search

Help! What do I do with it.

(9 Posts)
Tiredofit Thu 14-Jun-18 14:55:56

I'm not much of a cook and whilst I cook most meals from scratch I tend to do the same, trusted recipes again and again. A couple of weeks ago I bought a chorizo. It was on offer and looked nice. I need to use it this week and I have no idea what to make. Your recipes please. Thank you.

NetballHoop Thu 14-Jun-18 15:03:33

Chilindron chicken

Where they say to use Jammon Serrano, use the chorizo cut into 2cm chunks

www.cutting-edge-mediterranean-recipes.com/spanish-chicken.html

Melliegrantfirstlady Thu 14-Jun-18 15:07:36

Chorizo is lovely through pasta. Slice is thinly and fry it off

Pasta sauce - chilli and tom flavour

Pasta

Parmesan

Garlic bread to mop it up

steppingout Thu 14-Jun-18 15:10:04

Chicken casserole with red/yellow peppers, butter beans and chorizo is a favourite here. I think we loosely base it on this - www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2778662/chicken-butter-bean-and-pepper-stew

BexleyRae Thu 14-Jun-18 15:10:52

I slice it up and put on a baking tray with sliced red peppers and halloumi, drizzle with garlic or chilli oil and bake until the hallumi is browned. Serve on green salad leaves with some crusty bread

autumnholidayhelp Thu 14-Jun-18 15:15:26

Paella?

caprifun Thu 14-Jun-18 15:20:31

Roast it with beetroot, caraway seeds, spring onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a dash of Tabasco. Allow to cool a little, crumble over some feta. Serve with nice bread or couscous and a green salad. Delicious.

Tiredofit Thu 14-Jun-18 16:28:01

Gosh! Thank you. I like the sound of every one of these and have just about everything I need to make any of them. I'll have to add it to my shopping list every week now.

sashh Sat 16-Jun-18 23:11:13

Add it to any tomato based sauce/caserole.

Put slices in a frying pan for 30 second aside, then add a glass of red wine and cook until you have a thick sticky sauce - serve with crust bread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: