Talk

Advanced search

What are your favourite can't be arsed recipes?

(10 Posts)
YerAuntFanny Thu 14-Jun-18 13:17:46

DH is an awful cook (unless you count french toast, which isn't really my thing!) and I'm finding myself in a rut with food so can you all share your favourite recipes that don't require a lot of prep?

I do enjoy cooking but just fed up with it at the moment so decided to be lazy and have a week of simple food!

Fruitbat1980 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:23:45

Puff pastry pre rolled, 4 x bacon, slab of cheese, 4 x slice of tomatoe, cut pastry into 4 squares, wrap pastry on diagonal round bacon and cheese & tom. Bung in oven 20 mins. Serve with beans! Yum!

Fruitbat1980 Thu 14-Jun-18 13:25:21

Sausage casserole- sachet of powder, pepper, onion, pack of sausages, brown sausages, bung in oven dish with lid and half pint water, cook for an hour.

lastqueenofscotland Thu 14-Jun-18 13:46:40

Garlic and chilli in a pan with some grated courgette and peas Cook pasta
Add to veg. Add cheese. Done.

AtleastitsnotMonday Thu 14-Jun-18 13:51:59

Cod fillets dipped in a mix of yoghurt and curry paste. Mango chutney spread on top and baked in oven.
Bottom of the fridge fritata, I do it in a tray in the oven so you really can just put in the oven and leave it.
Chicken skewers. Chop chicken breast into chunks, thread on skewers an sprinkle on paprika.

MinaPaws Thu 14-Jun-18 14:33:37

Tub of cream cheese, packet of smoked salmon, lemon juice stirred into fresh boiled pasta (add a mug of petit pois to the pasta 2 mins before cooking time is up) served with a bag of salad.

Chicken pieces: put in a dish with quartered red onions, olives, cherry tomatoes, a few fresh or dried herbs and a glass of white wine poured over the top. Bake for 35-40 mins until bubbling underneath with golden skin on top. Serve with rice (microwaved is fine) The only effor involved is peeling an onion. Or you could add mixed mediterranean veg from a pre-sliced frozen veg packet instead if peeling an onion is too much faff. Smells good, looks amazing and people think you can cook. Takes 5 mins to prep.

Chicken breast cut into chunks and tossed in oil, garlic puree and smoky paprika, then cooked with tinned tomatoes and sweetcorn (I add chopped onions and red peppers too but if you're too busy to pprep veg, it still tastes fine without. Put inside ready-made wraps, fold wraps, grate cheese on top and grill for a few seconds. Instant fajitas.

TitsalinaBumsquat Thu 14-Jun-18 15:14:26

Cheese and bacon pasta - make a white sauce, add cheese (or buy a packet), cook off pasta and bacon and mix it all together

happytobemrsg Thu 14-Jun-18 15:28:35

Fry bacon, add tinned tomatoes & Boursin. Yummy pasta sauce!

Ollivander84 Thu 14-Jun-18 15:39:17

What I make when I CBA, some of these are really lazy grin

A Jamie Oliver beef stew (I have the recipe if you want it as adapted it slightly) which requires some chopping, no browning then sticking in the oven to ignore it for a few hours

Jacket potatoes the frozen ones

Salad assembled stuff - cheese/ham, nice bread, salad, hummus, chorizo

As above salad stuff with chicken off the hot counter, or the chicken with a tray of Mediterranean veg

Fresh pasta and sauce

Nachos grin with salsa, guacamole and sour cream

Omelettes

Fajitas are fairly low effort and stir fry

IToldYouIWasFreaky Thu 14-Jun-18 15:48:35

Microwave sweet potatoes in their skins until soft. Scoop out the innards, cut into chunks and mix with a tin of mixed beans in spicy sauce. Spoon back into the skins, grate cheese on top, cook in oven until melty and crispy.

I also really like Jack Monroe's sardine pasta. Sweat an onion with a bit of chili and garlic, add sultanas or raisins, some capers and some kind of veg (green beans, kale, spinach etc), cook for a bit and then add in a tin of sardines, broken up a bit. Squeeze in some lemon and then stir through cooked pasta. It actually sounds faffier than it is as it feels like you are basically chucking the contents of a few jars and tins into a pan!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: