Talk

Advanced search

Carrot cake

(8 Posts)
ItWillAllBeOkayInTheEnd Thu 14-Jun-18 11:15:31

I've never made one before - can anyone please suggest a good recipe?

OP’s posts: |
Vixnixtrix1981 Thu 14-Jun-18 11:29:03

kerrycooks.com/easy-homemade-carrot-cake/

MissMarplesKnitting Thu 14-Jun-18 11:32:17

This carrot and orange tray bake. No nuts (add of you want I suppose), no dairy if that's an issue and it's a doddle to make. And it is bloody delicious.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3229/yummy-scrummy-carrot-cake

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 14-Jun-18 11:36:01

I haven't made one either, these look lovely recipes.

ItWillAllBeOkayInTheEnd Thu 14-Jun-18 11:38:01

Lovely thanks - we're making it for Fathers Day grin

OP’s posts: |
Vixnixtrix1981 Thu 14-Jun-18 11:40:26

Good luck - I've made the Kerry Cooks one loads.

In fact (very weird) my boss was talking about it yesterday - he keeps talking about it to be fair, as it's "THE BEST CAKE HE'S EVER EATEN" - I have been told this about 3 million times, he tells me in the hope I'll make another one, or one a week.

It's not my baking, it's the recipe - it really is great smile

CloudIllusions Sat 16-Jun-18 13:10:34

This is by far the most amazing carrot cake I have ever tasted (and I have tried them all!). It comes from an Italian bakery where the owner retired and kindly decided to share all her recipes.

delsole.co.uk/carrot-cake-with-vanilla-scented-icing/

One note about this recipe is that I always find the cake takes a lot longer to bake than indicated (the first time I ended up with a raw centre) so next time I am going to try two shallower pans instead of one deep pan.

Namechanger1404 Fri 22-Jun-18 21:45:26

I have made the delia Smith one with mascarpone cheese..it is THE best carrot cake I’ve ever tasted..a bit late now but just thought I’d addgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »