Talk

Advanced search

Iranian / Persion sweet easy to make and share with class?

(11 Posts)
LucySnoweOrBust Tue 12-Jun-18 02:19:07

10yo DD's class has to do a class presentation about Iran (because they all get a FIFA World Cup country). She likes the idea of taking an Iranian sweet in, but although pre-kids I was a bit of a dab hand at making baklava and almond pastries, I've completely lost my pastry-handling mojo and now is not the time to try again.

Any suggestions for something that even I can make (with DD's help), that kids would enjoy, and that would be suitable for our current New Zealand wintry weather? Preferably finger food? Thanks!

CalifornianScotland Tue 12-Jun-18 02:27:30

Maybe walnut cookies? These seem like they would be easier than baklava to make but I've never done it

www.allrecipes.com/recipe/103170/the-rebbetzin-chefs-persian-walnut-cookies/

LucySnoweOrBust Tue 12-Jun-18 02:47:42

Perfect, CalifornianScotland! Even we can manage those and most kids would like them smile

That's what we'll make. Problem solved in one post. Thanks!

Monty27 Tue 12-Jun-18 02:54:11

A platter of dried fruits like figs and stuff? (Lazy/busy/rubbish cook)smile

LucySnoweOrBust Tue 12-Jun-18 03:05:55

Thanks, Monty27 - actually that would be something I could shop for at my local supermarket and it means nut-allergic kids would be included!

LucySnoweOrBust Tue 12-Jun-18 03:06:58

DD will probably want to take in the cat food packet if it depicts a Persian cat smile

Toddlerteaplease Tue 12-Jun-18 03:23:08

My two Persians tell me that they'd happily come to school with your DD, but they wouldn't like the plane journey to NZ! grin

LucySnoweOrBust Tue 12-Jun-18 05:50:53

Toddlerteaplease grin DD is cooing with cuteness overload at your Persians!

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 12-Jun-18 16:28:44

Sholezard - saffron rice pudding. It's popular as a Ramadan dessert too, so perfect for this time of year.

Redpriestandmozart Tue 12-Jun-18 20:50:41

Not sure if this is Persian enough or sweet enough but it's really easy to make and delicious. Sfuf cake.

mayihavethatrecipe.com/sfuff-vegan-middle-eastern-turmeric-cake/

LucySnoweOrBust Wed 13-Jun-18 23:16:38

Delicious! I'll have to try those! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: