Talk

Advanced search

Turkey mince

(10 Posts)
cdtaylornats Sat 02-Jun-18 14:11:02

Use Turkey leg mince rather than breast mince

maggiehilltop Sat 02-Jun-18 12:40:08

Thanks everyone - it seems to be stock which is the secret! I'll definitely be giving some of these ideas a go x

OP’s posts: |
MissMarplesKnitting Sat 02-Jun-18 12:30:19

Add beef Oxo, makes super Bolognese and chilli, lighter than beef.

Makes lovely turkey burgers if you've got a good processor. Whizz onions up, then add the mince, Oxo, an egg, fresh parsley and some breadcrumbs.

Meatballs

Koftas (again use the food processor and add curry spices)

MilkRunningOutAgain Sat 02-Jun-18 12:20:15

There is a tasty recipe on bbc good food, called turkey tortilla pie, it’s lovely, a real family staple, it’s a little spicy & very tasty. Sorry, don’t know how to link.

LARLARLAND Sat 02-Jun-18 09:30:57

Turkey meatballs. Combine the mince, an egg, grated apple, herbs and salt and pepper. Roll into meatballs and then lightly cover them in flour. Place them into a tomato based sauce and simmer until cooked through.

sparklepops123 Sat 02-Jun-18 09:30:39

Can use in tacos, spaghetti bolognese, I use plenty chicken stock cubes and garlic and usually add sweet corn

Frosty66612 Sat 02-Jun-18 09:27:27

In something like a spag Bol I add chicken stock to the turkey mince, loads of dried Italian herbs and loads of garlic.

Thiswayorthatway Sat 02-Jun-18 09:27:11

Turkey pilaf with almonds, sultanas and cinammon

DeloresJaneUmbridge Sat 02-Jun-18 09:26:05

I cook it as a stir fry and use a chicken stock cube. I find that gives it loads of flavour. Like you I find it bland and this is the only way I can give it flavour.

maggiehilltop Sat 02-Jun-18 09:24:08

DH is a bit fussy with food and likes to avoid red meat. He will eat turkey mince, but I find that whenever I use it in a recipe, it ends up tasting so bland. Does anyone have any hints or tips for making it taste a bit better?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in