Talk

Advanced search

Australian Home-Made Mochas

(6 Posts)
justanotheruser18 Wed 23-May-18 10:54:39

I'm watching the LetDown, an Australian Netflix show, and the characters often drink mochas, home made and not from a sachet.

Is this some sort of national hot bev? Any one have a recipe to make something authentic?

OP’s posts: |
fleuriepeninsula Fri 25-May-18 20:42:33

It’s really just another option when you buy a takeaway coffee, it’s not exactly home made?

Basically it’s a latte (which are usually stronger in Australia, usually 2 espresso shots per 12 oz cup) with drinking chocolate. The drinking chocolate is mixed in a small amount of hot milk, espresso is added then the cup is topped up with hot steamed milk.

Rainboho Fri 25-May-18 20:44:28

I make mochas at home - just like fleurie just described, except just topped with hot water as I can’t drink lots of milk. It’s lovely and easy!

justanotheruser18 Fri 25-May-18 21:36:29

Thank you both.

OP’s posts: |
CertainHalfDesertedStreets Fri 01-Jun-18 17:41:16

I think in the show she mentions that it's instant coffee + Milo which is an Australian/NZ thing a bit like a chocolatey-er malt drink iirc?

I love that series! grin

Dubdoor Fri 01-Jun-18 17:57:16

Milo isn't really grim.

I make "budget mocha" with a spoonful of instant coffee and a couple of spoons of hot chocolate powder. Boiling water and topped up with a dash of milk.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »