Talk

Advanced search

Family BBQ meal

(7 Posts)
tentative3 Tue 22-May-18 21:20:59

Planning ahead for a family weekend away, Friday night to Monday morning - so just to be clear this is just one meal of the weekend, not the celebratory family meal or anything. Approx 20 people. We have been assigned BBQ lunch one day and were thinking basically sausage fiesta (snigger) so veggie, chicken, cumberland, plain pork, maybe something else like chorizo, with buns. Massive pan of caramelised onions, BBQ veggie kebabs, BBQ corn cobs, mini jacket potatoes, green salad and something else, maybe tabbouleh or similar. This covers all dietary requirements.

We didn't want to do a full BBQ of chicken, sausages, burgers etc as we feel that it would cost a fortune to provide enough of everything (including veggie options) for people to have some of everything. Does that sound OK? Like I said above it's not like this is the event in itself, it's just to cater one meal of several.

OP’s posts: |
MsHippo Tue 22-May-18 22:04:53

I think that sounds bloody lovely!

YoucancallmeVal Tue 22-May-18 22:41:36

Sounds perfect. I'd be inclined to start the sausage fest in the oven and finish off on the bbq just to make sure they are cooked. Hope every one else puts in as much effort!

centralwerk Tue 22-May-18 22:47:01

Sounds delicious

elephantoverthehill Tue 22-May-18 22:47:14

Sounds really lovely. I would only suggest to ditch the chorizo and do merguez instead and add some coleslaw. Enjoy the weekend.

Blondie1984 Tue 22-May-18 22:50:17

Sounds amazing!! The only thing I might add is some baguettes /bread rolls so that people can stuff a sausage in them - oh and ketchup/mustard etc
Hope you have a fab time!!

tentative3 Wed 23-May-18 10:11:57

Brilliant, thanks so much for the feedback!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »