Talk

Advanced search

Roast potato crisis!

(11 Posts)
SingingBabooskaBadly Sun 20-May-18 08:53:45

So, it seems I neglected to order potatoes when I did my online shop🙄.Getting to a shop this morning would be difficult as temporarily unable to drive due to medical procedure. I have baking potatoes in. Has anyone out there ever used them for roasties? We’re they acceptable? Am I insane to consider it? I normally pride myself on my fluffy, crispy roast potatoes (have to take pride in something smile)

OP’s posts: |
PurpleDaisies Sun 20-May-18 08:54:26

Yes, they’ll be fine!

HandbagCrazy Sun 20-May-18 08:55:28

I have used baking potatoes for roasties when I was in a similar situation. I cut them slightly smaller than usual and they were fine

Grammar Sun 20-May-18 08:57:26

Can't see the problem...its all in the prep and cooking. They'll be fine.!

KnockMeDown Sun 20-May-18 08:59:54

Surely baking potatoes are just potatoes but bigger? They will be fine!

FusionChefGeoff Sun 20-May-18 09:08:02

Marketing is a powerful tool

Imchlibob Sun 20-May-18 09:09:53

Yes any potatoes will be OK. Yes there are some varieties which respond better to different cooking methods but they are mostly interchangeable.

milkysmum Sun 20-May-18 09:11:23

I never ever think about what potatoes are used for what. Baking potatoes just bigger arnt they?

SingingBabooshkaBadly Sun 20-May-18 10:40:50

Thanks for all the replies I feel reassured that my roast potato honour may remain untarnished!

KnownUnknowns Mon 21-May-18 17:26:50

I always think about potato variety when cooking...King Edwards are my favourite for chips or roast potatoes...the variety makes all the difference.

Angie169 Fri 01-Jun-18 21:01:08

I love roasting baby potatoes parboil first stick in hot oil whole crispy skin very nice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »