Talk

Advanced search

Festival food?

(8 Posts)
sunshinejaney Sat 19-May-18 12:20:26

Hi everyone! I'm a mum of two (a little boy who's 18 months and a girl who just turned 4). Myself and my partner really want to go to a family-friendly festival this summer but I'm a little worried about feeding the kids.

Have any of you been to festivals and can tell me what the food situation is like? Will we be okay to find reasonably healthy things for them to eat, or do I need to think about packing some?

Any help would be very very welcome!

Janey x

OP’s posts: |
Weedsnseeds1 Sat 19-May-18 15:41:59

Festival food has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. Usual burgers,fish and chips but also healthy options.
Smoothies, fruit salad, wraps, cheese and bread, noodles, wraps, hog roast ( and a venison roast at one last year), falafel, paella all sorts.

lastqueenofscotland Sat 19-May-18 15:53:42

What festival is it? If very family friendly I suspect latitude? In which case you’ll be fine!

Ricekrispie22 Sat 19-May-18 15:58:47

It really depends on what festival it is! If it's a family friendly festival, then the food outlets will be family friendly and these days that means healthy too. But wherever you go, it's not particularly purse-friendly! Snacks and drinks soon add up. Take lots of Capri-Sun and fruitshoots. The way I look at it is that it's only for a few days so the odd bit of junk can't hurt!

sunshinejaney Sat 19-May-18 17:10:18

Thanks lastqueenofscotland, yes Latitude is def one we are considering. Have you been? What sort of kid-friendly food did you find there?

lastqueenofscotland Sat 19-May-18 18:38:24

I’ve not been to latitude for god... 7 years (feeling old now) and even then there was plenty of healthy/veggie options. Imagine there would be more now as that was well before the age of avocado on toast and insta-food!
It will be amazingly expensive though so pack plenty of your own!

sunshinejaney Sat 19-May-18 20:17:25

And will I be able to get little portions? Thanks for all the advice though ladies!

Ricekrispie22 Sun 20-May-18 05:52:17

Here's Latitude's food 'line up' www.latitudefestival.com/areas/food My mouth is watering just looking at them! And yes, I have witnessed a number of vendors selling children's portions and on a couple of occasions, I have actually asked for a smaller portion and they've been only too happy to oblige.
This is an interesting read www.festivalkidz.com/advice/festival-food-for-families/

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »