Talk

Advanced search

Fancy Vegetarian Meal Ideas - I need a challenge!

(8 Posts)
glitterbiscuits Tue 15-May-18 14:31:10

If I was to go on Masterchef what could I cook to impress? I’m not...but...
Any even if it wasn’t quite Masterchef what could I make that would show how great vegetarian food can be?

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Tue 15-May-18 16:59:23

Jamie Oliver has some great recipes on his website - and also check out the BOSH kitchen boys

Xiaoxiong Tue 15-May-18 17:16:28

My favourite is from an 80s cookbook my mum had called the Silver palate - a filo pastry strudel stuffed with asparagus, gruyere and almonds. It's lush but fiddly/technically difficult enough that hopefully you'd win Masterchef. You might have to update the flavours with something a bit more trendy though! Maybe some kimchi on the side...?

glitterbiscuits Tue 15-May-18 22:20:50

Thanks. Never heard of Bosh. Going to Google it now
I never think to look at Jamie Oliver for veggie stuff.
I have lots of asparagus here and that recipe sounds like something I could make over the weekend.

OP’s posts: |
Xiaoxiong Wed 16-May-18 11:36:41

Here's the recipe in all its 80s glory. It's so tasty though, definitely worth the faff! (You did ask for fancy recipes grin)

The other "fancy" veggie meal I thought of was aubergine stacks with tomato and mozzarella. I don't usually use a recipe for these but this looks like a good one.

TheMonkeyMummy Wed 16-May-18 12:31:25

I did veganuary as I was in a total food rut and discovered a world of new ideas! Check out the minimalist baker and thug kitchen for ideas. I have actually carried on being a vegan at home but when we go out for dinner or a friend cooks for us, I eat whatever.

LordEmsworth Wed 16-May-18 15:14:47

I have the Greens cookbook, most of which is beyond my abilities/willingness to prepare. But, the black bean chilli turned into enchiladas is impressive, and the peach and blueberry cobbler is insanely good...

BaconCrispsGone Wed 16-May-18 15:56:56

I like the terre a terre cookbook for fancy 'restauranty' veggoe food

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »