Talk

Advanced search

What to do with pork chops?

(9 Posts)
namaste86 Mon 07-May-18 14:32:04

I went to the butchers on the weekend and saw some lovely looking pork chops so picked some up for me and DP. But now I'm out of inspiration for what to do with them in the warmer weather? All I can think of is a roast type dinner but don't fancy that in this heat.

Any ideas? Preferably something I can adapt as my little boy will be having sausages instead of pork chop. Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
kateandme Mon 07-May-18 14:42:57

with a lovely carrot leeks honey mustard cream sauce.
poach the chops in milk or stock.
the sauce is lovely with sausages too weve even done sausages in the dish with it.serve with pasta rice or crusty bread
into a pie with cider apple sauce.

this is lovely:
realfood.tesco.com/recipes/slow-cooker-pork-sausage-cider-and-mustard-stew.html

kateandme Mon 07-May-18 14:55:20

www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/smothered-pork-chops-and-sausage-113472#activity-feed

www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/crock-pot-oniony-pork-chops-with-creamy-mustard-sauce-16902#activity-feed

www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/grilled-greek-pork-chops-181650#activity-feed

www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pork-chops-mozzarella-291709#activity-feed

WTAFIGO Mon 07-May-18 15:04:18

I would add some fajita or cajun spice to the pork (you can keep the sausages plain) and Bbq them with corn on the cob with sides of a side of roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes or butternut squash a must) and salad.

MerryMarigold Mon 07-May-18 15:10:05

I think I would grill them with s nice marinade and eat with, salad, potato salad/ cous cous. Basically the pork chop being the only hot bit.

NobodysChild Mon 07-May-18 15:14:41

I'd tenderise the chops and trim any excess fat. Dip in beaten egg and breadcrumbs and fry. Serve with rice and gravy. It's more or less like a Japanese tonkatsu.

Borisdaspide Mon 07-May-18 15:17:09

If you like rhubarb, this ones lovely: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pork-chops-rhubarb-grains

Luxembourgmama Mon 07-May-18 15:18:47

Fry them and then add some chopped apples and onions and some stock and let them simmer for a while under the stock reduces. Yum and only uses one pan.

Pythonesque Mon 07-May-18 15:42:19

With chops, boiled or mashed potatoes, and salad, would be my hot weather go-to meal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »