Talk

Advanced search

Squash to water ratio for homemade ice lollies?

(5 Posts)
MangeLorange Thu 03-May-18 17:10:54

I've bought one of those homemade ice-lolly making things and am planning on making some zero calorie lollies with my zero calorie squash. I was just wondering, however, if you use the same ratio of juice to squash as you would use when making squash to drink or if you have to use more squash since the cold will numb your taste buds a bit? What do you do?

OP’s posts: |
Eminybob Thu 03-May-18 17:18:22

I think you need to make it stronger definitely. I did some the other day and did half and half (normal strength squash, not the super concentrated stuff)

A4710Rider Thu 03-May-18 17:20:06

Seriously, 3 to 4 times stronger than you'd normally put in a drink.

i remember waiting for my first lollies to freeze before proudly presenting what tasted like yellow water on a stick.

MangeLorange Thu 03-May-18 17:24:12

Ah, thank you for those pointers - I was wondering if my suspicions were correct - I've got the super concentrated stuff so will maybe experiment with strengths but will be sure to start at a far higher ratio than for drinking squash!

OP’s posts: |
CreepyPasta Thu 03-May-18 17:28:13

I make mine with Vimto and diet lemonade. 50:50 and they come out great, any less Vimto and they're fairly weak

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »