Talk

Advanced search

Recommend your vegetarian recipe book

(10 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 16-Apr-18 17:50:29

New veggie here. Please can you recommend me your favourite recipe book that has some basic, ‘essential’ recipes? I’m ok with doing a veg chilli, bolognese etc but would appreciate some of your favourites.

OP’s posts: |
Korg Mon 16-Apr-18 17:52:13

Rose Elliot - she has a book of 1000 recipes, of which I use about 40 regularly. Not so good for puddings and cakes as it’s all a bit wholemeal.

Bolshybookworm Mon 16-Apr-18 17:57:05

The veggie books I use the most are HFWs Veg Everyday, The Asian Vegan kitchen by Hema Parekh and Delias Vegetarian book. The Delia one may be out of print but it is a really good one for basics and full meals.

I find a lot of the recent veggie books are a bit too wholesome for me- it’s all kale chips and butternut steaks. I may be veggie but I still like food that tastes of something!

AlecOrAlonzo Mon 16-Apr-18 17:58:08

Cranks Fast Food
Ottolenghi's Plenty and Plenty More
Meera Sodha

Bolshybookworm Mon 16-Apr-18 17:59:19

The Meera Sodha recipes in the Guardian are very tempting- is her book good?

Raaaaaah Mon 16-Apr-18 18:01:42

Anna Jones. It really is great and I rarely use recipe books as I prefer the internet. It’s realistic in terms of prep too. Lots of cakes and puds. It is healthy but also full of flavour.

Wilma55 Mon 16-Apr-18 18:02:47

Hairy Dieters Go Veggie

applecatchers36 Mon 16-Apr-18 18:08:02

Tender volume 1 a cook and his veg patch, Niger Slater
Vegetables by Sophie Grigson

wellhonestly Mon 16-Apr-18 18:32:07

Long time ago (1980s student!) I got Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Dishes of the World - absolutely brilliant, there are many I use again and again, especially as I grow a lot of fruit and veg in the garden. Can be bought on Amazon.

Special mention for her "Bean Paté" recipe which makes fantastic broadbean hummus.

PseudoBadger Tue 17-Apr-18 09:27:54

Thank you everyone, some good suggestions here flowers

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »