Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian cookbook ideas.

(9 Posts)
rupertpenryswife Thu 12-Apr-18 19:06:26

Hi I'm looking to decrease or possibly stop eating meat, I'm just a bit stuck with recipes, I have researched cookbooks but can't decide on which one to get.

Any ideas or recommendations? All help much appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
LizzieDarcy1907 Thu 12-Apr-18 19:08:53

River Cottage Veg is brilliant, and I've made some great dishes from it.

Lifeaback Thu 12-Apr-18 19:10:44

River cottage veg is good for a seasoned veggie but I think when I first went veggie I would have struggled to find something I like in there. The happy pear is really good, and 'a modern way to eat' by Anna jones is also great.

There's a really good variety of vegetarian recipes on the BBC good food website and also in the veggie section of jamie Oliver's website

rupertpenryswife Thu 12-Apr-18 19:28:55

Thank you I saw HFW do you think that's good for a beginner I have no idea really, I try to eat meat free at least 3 days per week buts it's boring omelette/pasta type things. The more I read about animal welfare the more I would like to cut down or ideally stop eating meat. My DH is happy to have more veggie meals but due to health problems cannot really process many bean and certain vegetables so will make this more interesting.

Regarding HFW is it any particular book in his veggie range?

frogprincess84 Thu 12-Apr-18 19:37:50

I recommend taking a look at Anna Jones's books. Even the die hard carnivores in my house like her recipes.

LizzieDarcy1907 Thu 12-Apr-18 20:40:46

These are some tried and tested ones from River Cottage:

www.rivercottage.net/recipes/cauliflower-and-chickpea-curry
www.rivercottage.net/recipes/aubergine-tomatoes-chickpeas
www.rivercottage.net/recipes/cambodian-wedding-day-dip

Most of the recipes in the book seem to be online.

rupertpenryswife Thu 12-Apr-18 20:45:53

Thank you all, just off to Amazon to look at these and will amend my online shop, the curry looks lovely.

Orangettes Fri 13-Apr-18 12:01:45

I found HFW Veg book quite pedestrian - pretty much a walk through of all the commonly made veggie food...I was looking for something new or possibly even a bit flashy wink so I wasn't too keen on his book but always thought it would be a good start for anyone wishing to start cutting back on meat.

Orangettes Fri 13-Apr-18 12:02:29

I have the Happy Pear on order from the library and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »