Talk

Advanced search

Favourite cake recipe

(8 Posts)
ja9r Tue 10-Apr-18 08:27:11

Looking for inspiration.

Not chocolate or plain sponge...

Something fancier... perhaps with citrus or salted caramel...

What are your current favourite cake recipes?

Tia

OP’s posts: |
Wigeon Tue 10-Apr-18 08:32:57

Friend recently made a hummingbird cake for her daughter’s 1st birthday and it was absolutely delicious. Not sure which recipe she used but this Jamie Oliver one looks good.

PlausibleSuit Tue 10-Apr-18 08:42:13

I've made this moss cake a couple of times recently. It's made with spinach! Definitely a talking point. It's delicious.

ja9r Tue 10-Apr-18 16:36:11

Ohhh.... both quite... erm.... different! Sound fascinating - will try both out.

OP’s posts: |
Babybearsporij Sun 22-Apr-18 18:45:33

www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/recipes/recipe_directory/e/easy-lemon-curd-layercake.html

This is amazing. I've made it loads of times now. Obviously you don't have to use all the waitrose branded stuff! grin

AliceDuke Wed 25-Apr-18 21:37:48

search around this site www.hellocuppies.com... it shouldn't take long to find something appropriate:

But if you want a quicker lead: hellocuppies.com/category/recipes/cake-recipes/

Enjoy smile

Xmasbaby11 Wed 25-Apr-18 21:43:12

Chocolate marble cake with salted caramel filling. Always so popular.

Other staples are lemon drizzle cake, Victoria sponge, chocolate fudge cake, carrot cake. I make all these a lot!

LakeFlyPie Fri 17-Aug-18 23:22:56

In spite of it's ridiculous name this is my all time favourite.
So easy to make and always moist and delicious.
Very forgiving recipe, I always chuck in far more carrot and spice although it wasn't completely forgiving when I forgot the eggs!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »