Talk

Advanced search

What tinned/in a jar curry sauce to use for prawn curry?

(11 Posts)
SneakyGremlins Wed 28-Mar-18 12:25:40

They all seem more meat oriented confused

OP’s posts: |
AnachronisticCorpse Wed 28-Mar-18 12:27:02

I would use a green or red Thai paste and a can of coconut milk.

PurpleDaisies Wed 28-Mar-18 12:28:09

They all work fine to be honest. I’m veggie and use them all with paneer/quorn/vegetables etc.

From memory (when I used to eat fish), the sharwoods dopiaza one is nice with prawns. Or any Thai type one.

Crispbutty Wed 28-Mar-18 12:28:11

Pataks jalfrezi would be nice.

SneakyGremlins Wed 28-Mar-18 12:29:31

Ana not a huge coconut fan! With korma I can pretend it's not in there but otherwise

Jozxyqk Wed 28-Mar-18 12:30:08

Goldfish brand chinese curry paste. In a square plastic tub. Can buy it on Amazon or in very large supermarkets, or multicultural supermarkets. Yum. They do a Japanese style as well which is good (I've not tried it with prawns though), & a couple of other varieties which I've not tried at all.

SneakyGremlins Wed 28-Mar-18 12:30:55

Thanks for all the suggestions smile

pinkpanther84 Wed 28-Mar-18 12:39:32

Pataks korma or pasanda is really nice with prawns

kateandme Wed 28-Mar-18 13:09:22

sharwooods kung po sauce is good. or a jar or tikka and jalfrezi from them mixed together is really nice.with chicken too.
or a thia green one.
buying a can of coconut milk and thia green or red paste means you can make it more your own too.
sometimes we add some extra tomatos to the jars.depedning on whether its a creamed based one or tomato we might add a tin of coconut milk.
in the fridge isle of the shop those ready made up stiry fry veg bags goes great with them too,

TyneTeas Mon 02-Apr-18 23:54:06

I know it's not what you asked, but this recipe for a prawn curry is pretty quick and easy : )

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/chilli-prawn-curry.html?

Ceirrno Tue 03-Apr-18 00:04:45

Genuinely- any! I always use the same sauces

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »