Talk

Advanced search

Just checking; is this ok for visiting coeliac teen?

(3 Posts)
Steamcloud Tue 20-Mar-18 14:33:59

Stressing about this for some reason!

She is coming for lunch and supper.

Lunch = baked spud, butter, selection of ham, cheese, salad? (I guess salami is not safe?) but Palma ham equiv might be ok?

Supper = chicken tray bake with Mediterranean veg (shallots, red peppers, green beans, new pots). Ok to add glass white wine? Or chicken stock?

Pudding = slices of fresh pineapple and mango with gluten free biscuits from supermarket?

I'm catering for other teens at the same time who usually exist on a diet of pasta and pizza but want them to enjoy their food too... .

This is the first time I have cooked for anyone with coeliac disease and (obviously!) don't want to make them ill. How careful to I have to be about cross contamination with chopping boards, knives etc? Any other pitfalls to avoid?

Thanks v much for any help/advice.

OP’s posts: |
Seeline Tue 20-Mar-18 14:35:40

Check no crumbs in the butter!
Also if using stock cube or ready made check that it doesn't contain flour.
Rest of it sounds fine.

Steamcloud Tue 20-Mar-18 14:52:01

Thanks very much Seeline! V helpful indeed and reassured that the rest is ok. Wow, never even crossed my mind about crumbs in the butter! Will check stock cube!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »