Talk

Advanced search

St clements pud

(5 Posts)
Cantthinkofanoriginalname1 Fri 16-Mar-18 22:21:35

Sat in the dentists today , flicking through a magazine when I came across a recipe for St Clements Pud. Came back , googled it and cant find the recipe!! All the recipes on google are for big steamed puddings. This had a citrus cream/ custard at the base then a shallow citrus cake sat on top.
Can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Sat 17-Mar-18 00:37:30

It sounds like a self saucing pudding - have a look at this www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2853670/school-days-citrus-pudding - obviously you can play with the citrus juices to make it how you want it

JaneJeffer Sat 17-Mar-18 01:36:36

This? http://www.slowcookercentral.com/recipe/st-clements-self-saucing-pudding/

Cantthinkofanoriginalname1 Sat 17-Mar-18 12:19:38

Thanks but neither of them are it. The picture was of a very pale creamy custard ,probably an inch thick at the bottom of a round serving dish then topped with a pale yellow sponge. It was all cooked together in an oven. I can't believe I can't find it!! It was definitely called St Clements Pud, I wrote it on my hand!

OP’s posts: |
Threetoedsloth Sat 17-Mar-18 13:44:07

It might be this one.
www.deliaonline.com/recipes/meals-and-courses/desserts/hot-citrus-pudding
Citrussy custardy bottom with a very light spongey top. You could miss out the limes as St Clements is generally oranges and lemons (she sang)
My all time favourite is Delia's surprise lemon pudding which is the same recipe, just with lemons. I think the surprise is how it separates into the two layers, whatever, it's fab.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »