Talk

Advanced search

Paul Hollywood devil’s food cake on Celebrity Bake Off for Cancer research

(8 Posts)
lind01 Tue 13-Mar-18 20:59:22

I have just been watching celebrity bake off for caner research were the celebs made Paul Hollywood's devil's cake. It looks absolutely delicious but not sure what makes it different to a ordinary chocolate cake. Does anyone know?

I found this pic of it online:
sharingboost.com/paul-hollywood-devils-food-cake-on-the-great-celebrity-bake-off-stand-up-to-cancer/

DevilsDoorbell Tue 13-Mar-18 21:00:59

I’m loving this. The showstopper is hilarious

givemushypeasachance Wed 14-Mar-18 13:25:27

If in doubt, wikipedia! "Devil's food cake is a moist, airy, rich chocolate layer cake. It is considered a counterpart to the white or yellow angel food cake. Because of differing recipes and changing ingredient availability over the course of the 20th century, it is difficult to precisely qualify what distinguishes devil's food from the more standard chocolate cake, though it traditionally has more chocolate than a regular chocolate cake, making it darker. The cake is usually paired with a rich chocolate frosting."

blackroepetals91 Wed 14-Mar-18 20:28:47

I was watching this last night and also keen for the recipe! Hopefully someone has it....

FawnDrench Wed 14-Mar-18 21:02:36

Can't find the PH one - think it's in his new book, which they obviously want us to purchase.

Here's a lovely devil's food cake recipe from Nigella tho - very chocolatey

blackroepetals91 Wed 14-Mar-18 22:16:05

Ahh I've actually made that, I feel it's more of a fudge cake - which tastes amazing and which I prefer! But was hoping Paul's would be a bit on a lighter side which I could serve to some guests

charlotteo25 Thu 15-Mar-18 10:48:43

Here you go ladies, I managed to find it on the GBBO website
thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk/pauls-devils-food-cake/

But I usually use this recipe for a chocolate cake which is a bit more simple and always turns out well www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/easy_chocolate_cake_31070

Enjoy!

blackroepetals91 Thu 15-Mar-18 14:05:47

Thank you so much !!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: