Talk

Advanced search

Oh my, I've just discovered THE most heavenly hot drink!

(22 Posts)
JellySlice Fri 09-Mar-18 18:39:47

Ticktock Rooibos tea made with hot water, then Alpro Hazlenut 'milk' added instead of real milk.

Sooooo good!

OP’s posts: |
Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Fri 09-Mar-18 19:00:01

You put milk in Rooibos? I've only ever had it black (well, red). Love almond milk in normal tea though. I didn't know you could get hazelnut milk.

ivykaty44 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:01:41

I have it black, wouldn’t put anything in it

MissMary0fSweden Fri 09-Mar-18 19:02:52

Eww no sorry, rooibos black always.

CointreauVersial Fri 09-Mar-18 19:03:26

I just have normal milk in mine. Allergic to hazelnuts!

JustTerfingAlong1 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:04:05

I like roibush with oat milk wink

CointreauVersial Fri 09-Mar-18 19:04:52

It's nice with milk - like normal tea, without the caffeine.

JustTerfingAlong1 Fri 09-Mar-18 19:05:10

Autocorrect fail there.no idea why my phone corrected rooibos into roibush confused

Bubbinsmakesthree Fri 09-Mar-18 19:31:36

Funnily enough I nearly tied this today but put normal milk in without thinking. Will try it tomorrow! I always have rooibos with milk

JellySlice Fri 09-Mar-18 20:38:35

I also usually have rooibos black. I bought the hazelnut milk out of curiosity.

Rooibos with just a splash of milk is very nice, almost, but not quite, entirely like tea.

allthegoodnameshadgone Fri 09-Mar-18 20:48:40

I like milk in camomile

Whatshallidonowpeople Sat 10-Mar-18 12:10:14

If you said some stagnant water you found in a bucket with a splash of cat urine, it could not sound worse!

fudgefeet Sat 10-Mar-18 12:12:55

We have dragonfly earl grey rooibos with provamel coconut milk. I only tried it when detoxing but can't go back to normal tea now. Everyone I've given it to has converted as well.

LoniceraJaponica Sat 10-Mar-18 12:16:11

"If you said some stagnant water you found in a bucket with a splash of cat urine, it could not sound worse!"

grin
I dislike rooibos tea, and don't like hazelnut milk. The two together sound like punishment.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sat 10-Mar-18 12:23:28

Earl Grey with any sort of milk is completely undrinkable to me.

LoniceraJaponica Sat 10-Mar-18 12:35:45

Earl Grey without milk is undrinkable to me grin

Bowerbird5 Sun 11-Mar-18 07:45:33

Earl Grey with lemon slice for me. Rooibis black, not that keen on it but DD has it.

OP have you tried Chai tea bags with almond milk?
I love proper Chai from Nepal but when I havent any and I am I a hurry I have the tea bags. Can't remember which ones. One sort is superior to all others I think. Almond milk and a little sugar. It is a great " pick me up" when you are tired.
I like hazelnut in coffee or hot chocolate for a treat.

JellySlice Sun 11-Mar-18 07:52:37

I must try that. I've got some Chai bags. Thought I would love it, from the smell, but - not really. Hadn't thought of trying it with un-milk.

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sun 11-Mar-18 22:33:16

Chai is way nicer black too. The only tea I put any type of milk in is regular black tea.

Neganforever Mon 12-Mar-18 22:35:32

I drink rooiboos with a dash of milk and leave the teabag in. I particularly like the Dragonfly rooiboos with vanilla.

LoniceraJaponica Mon 12-Mar-18 22:59:27

I tried some chai latte in a coffee shop today. Apart from being revoltingly sweet the taste was not unpleasant. I then bought some chai teabags and have had a cup tonight. I tried it black at first but really didn't like it, so I added some milk. It was a very pleasant drink.

Thank you mumsnet posters for broadening my tea repertoire smile

BlueEyedBengal Mon 12-Mar-18 23:39:00

I love earl grey especially twinnings I make tea cake out of it to secret ingredient just telling m n apricot jam makes the best cake to go with my cup of earl grey

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »