Talk

Advanced search

Could I make a soup from these Ingredients?

(13 Posts)
SecretlyTheresaMay Fri 09-Mar-18 11:53:14

Cherry tomatoes
Chopped tinned tomatoes
Bacon
Chickpeas(don’t know whether to throw these in)
Various herbs seasonings
Garlic
Thyme
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Onions

Would it be edible! ?

OP’s posts: |
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 09-Mar-18 11:55:04

No reason why not. Maybe some veg stock as well?

Chelsea26 Fri 09-Mar-18 12:03:10

I wouldn’t put it all in personally - I’d just make tomato soup. Soften onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes, throw in the chopped tomatoes and some water and some herbs, I’d go oregano and Lots of salt and pepper cook for 15/20 and you’re done. Bacon and//chickpeas won’t ruin it if you want to chick them in

PotteringAlong Fri 09-Mar-18 12:04:46

I’d do chickpea and bacon or tomato, not both!

FlaviaAlbia Fri 09-Mar-18 12:06:24

It's not altogether dissimilar to avoca's tuscan bean soup which is delicious if you swap the beans for chickpeas and have stock cubes..

100cookbooks.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/tuscan-bean-soup-avoca-cafe-cookbook/

I leave out the celery anyway as I'm not a fan.

SecretlyTheresaMay Fri 09-Mar-18 12:10:03

Well I found some extra ingredients like sweet potato.

I’ve put in tomatoes, sweet potato, bacon, stock, onion, garlic, herbs and s&p. If it’s disgusting I’ll chuck it. But I’ll most likely eat it. It tasted okay when I had a sip before I left it to simmer grin

I’m on a 14 hour shift tomorrow trying desperately to get over this illness I’ve got so I’m not going to the shops

viques Fri 09-Mar-18 12:10:05

I would crisp up the bacon, crumble it up and sprinkle on the top of the tomato soup with some grated cheese and croutons to serve it.

I would also add the smallest quarter teaspoon of sugar to the soup as it is cooking , it makes a huge difference to tinned tomatoes. I would also cook it on a very slow heat for at least 30to40minutes. Then pulverise, or sieve if you haven't got a liquidiser or a pulverising thing.

AdaColeman Fri 09-Mar-18 12:10:36

Yes, it will be fine, like Spanish chickpea soup, filling and warming on a chilly day.

SecretlyTheresaMay Fri 09-Mar-18 12:10:53

I usually make more efforts with my soups but right now I’m too ill to care blush

SecretlyTheresaMay Fri 09-Mar-18 12:38:22

Success!

FlaviaAlbia Fri 09-Mar-18 12:39:09

Oh, that looks good!

AdaColeman Fri 09-Mar-18 13:05:21

Oh well done!
Hope you start to feel better very soon Secretly.

PotteringAlong Fri 09-Mar-18 18:17:22

Glad it worked 😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »