Talk

Advanced search

Easy, healthy dinner for two

(15 Posts)
MsHippo Mon 26-Feb-18 16:58:36

I'm going to be home fairly late (but before DP) tonight so dinner is on me. I want something yummy but fairly healthy and easy/quick. I'm feeling fairly uninspired by our usual go-to's choices so I wondered if anyone could give me a few suggestions? Thanks!

NapQueen Mon 26-Feb-18 17:00:07

Risotto? Make it with stock rather than wine

LadyMonicaBaddingham Mon 26-Feb-18 17:08:49

Bruschetta Chicken. Grill chicken breast on one side. Turn over. Cook until almost done, then top with chopped tomatoes, fresh basil and olives and finish cooking. Scatter with grated parmesan to serve and have with rice and vegetables or salad and nice bread

MaverickSnoopy Mon 26-Feb-18 17:10:05

My quick go to staple is jacket potato, beans and cheese. Yum!

My quickest and yummiest meal is tray bake. Put chicken thighs/drumsticks/legs in an oven tray along with chopped up potatoes (into wedges) and onions. Bung in oven and cook for about an hour on 190/200. If I'm feeling fancy then half way through the cooking time I chuck in chorizo, dried thyme and paprika. So so so good.

anyoldname76 Mon 26-Feb-18 17:13:42

im not sure if the so juicy bags are healthy or not but my quick meals are chicken breasts cooked in the garlic chicken bag, served with garden peas and microwaveable new potatoes, it takes 40 mins to cook the chicken but it takes next to no prep and i usually jump in the bath while its cooking.

ChibiTotoro Mon 26-Feb-18 17:13:49

Gnocchi with chorizo. Fry off the chorizo, add peppers, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. Cook off the gnocchi separately, mix together and top with some grated cheese.

foobio Mon 26-Feb-18 17:47:16

Fillet of salmon wrapped in foil with either sweet chilli sauce or pesto or lemon wedges or tomatoes and olives or whatever I have in the fridge. Oven at 180 ish for 20 mins. Serve with your favourite carb and veg.

BikeRunSki Mon 26-Feb-18 17:50:46

Grilled salmon steaks
Rice
Spinach/brocolli
Baby corn and baby carrots
“Hollandaisse” sauce made from Greek yoghurt mixed up with s bit of mayo and a bit of French mustard.

foobio Mon 26-Feb-18 17:53:20

Smoked salmon or prawn linguine:
Cook pasta Al dente (any type is fine really!)
Fry onion, garlic, tomatoes, some chilli flakes if you like
Add cooked pasta
Add a splash of wine and chopped smoked salmon or raw prawns
Boil off the alcohol for a few mins and heat salmon / cook prawns through
Squeeze of lemon juice to serve
Probably add some veg on the side!

PurpleDaisies Mon 26-Feb-18 17:58:03

Thai curry

I’d go with yellow curry paste, stir fried for a minute with ginger, spring onion and and chillies. Then add a load of veg (baby corn, mangetout, broccoli florets, peppers, courgettes etc) and cook until done. Add lime and coriander right at the end. It’s nicd with small new potatoes in too, I microwave them and add at the end.

Serve with naan, rice and/or a bag of Thai crackers.

DunnoWhy Mon 26-Feb-18 18:01:13

Omelette and salad.

PurpleDaisies Mon 26-Feb-18 18:02:20

I forgot to say add a tin of coconut milk with the veg!

DunnoWhy Mon 26-Feb-18 18:06:25

Or just plain old minute steak with veg and salad and quick microwave potatoes made into mash potatoes.

RollTopBath Mon 26-Feb-18 18:09:05

Pop some lemon, oil and herbs on salmon fillets. Bake whilst you stir fry some vegetables with same lemon, herb and olive oil.

RollTopBath Mon 26-Feb-18 18:09:38

Or pesto on salmon and a quick ratatouille.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »