Talk

Advanced search

A vegetarian lentil soup please

(8 Posts)
glitterbiscuits Sun 25-Feb-18 09:14:05

I’m beginning to think that all my soups taste too similar.

Probably because I don’t really use recipes. Just stock and veg in varying types or quantities, sometimes thickening them with potatoes or red lentils. Sometimes blending or sometimes not.

So time for a change. I’m going to be more structured.

Does anyone have some good suggestion please?

OP’s posts: |
Aridane Sun 25-Feb-18 09:21:41

I have a very easy one that can even be done in the microwave involving just onion, oil, lentils, curry powder and mango chutney. Will try to dig out

Aridane Sun 25-Feb-18 09:24:48

Sorry - just realised you asked for soup. This was for lentil curry. Will still post as it’s ace!

glitterbiscuits Sun 25-Feb-18 09:33:37

Ooh an interesting idea, I’ve actually got mango chutney in the fridge that no one likes. Could easily use it up in this recipe.

Still need soup

OP’s posts: |
pxppy Sun 25-Feb-18 12:10:14

Coconut Curry Lentil soup

Broccoli Cumin Lentil soup

Spiced Lentil and Ginger soup

French Onion, Fennel and Green Lentil soup

Turmeric Carrot and Lentil soup

Can you tell I love lentils grin I make all of these regularly (particularly the first one) so can vouch for their taste!

KimchiLaLa Sun 25-Feb-18 13:43:51

Can anyone suggest what I can do with this leftover half tin of coconut milk? Don't want to throw it away!

It's the Caribbean choice kind which I wouldn't recommend, it has a sickly floral scent/aftertaste to it so when making green curry I had a lot left.

KimchiLaLa Sun 25-Feb-18 13:44:12

Sorry I have no idea why I posted in response to this thread! That was wrong!

cjferg Mon 26-Feb-18 19:29:35

At a cafe I used to work in they would do a lentil and coconut - just a bog standard lentil with creamed coconut added, or add a tin of tomatoes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »