Talk

Advanced search

Should I get a food processor?

(5 Posts)
Esker Fri 23-Feb-18 20:45:41

To enliven my Friday night, I am considering this important question. I loathe clutter on the kitchen counter and have been a long term avoider of food processors as I suspect they are just a conspiracy to make me have to wash up and store loads of annoying kit and attachments.

BUT
Now that I have a weaning age baby (11 months) , I'm doing more cooking than I'm used to, and wondering whether this could actually be a useful labour saving device.

So my question, to those of you who use food processors is: What do you find them most useful for?

OP’s posts: |
RollTopBath Fri 23-Feb-18 21:41:25

I don’t have mine out but use it for grating, in place of a mandolin, making crumble and pastry, chopping nuts, bread crumbs, liquidising and pureeing, making hummus, making salmon or other pates, chopping herbs etc.
It goes in the dishwasher.

Esker Sat 24-Feb-18 23:22:00

Thanks for replying! I have ordered one now. Recent efforts to make hummus, pesto etc with the trusty stick blender have just been too much graft.

WhyBeDennyDifferent Tue 27-Feb-18 13:12:36

I’d been pondering the same and have just bought one. I see so many recipes where it asks you to whizz it all up in the processor and my hand blender just doesn’t cut the mustard.

I’m christening it tonight with Jools Oliver’s pregnant pasta 😋

Esker Tue 27-Feb-18 19:13:58

My baby has started to be a massive spoon refuser so finger food is now the only way to go, and a lot of recipes I've found (for croquettes, pat type bars etc) seem to need a blender.

Also, once I deliver baby no. 2 (due in May) I look forward to using the jug part of the blender to make frozen margaritas grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »