Talk

Advanced search

I forgot to defrost my frozen cooked prawns and just cooked them from semi frozen ... will i get sick ?

(10 Posts)
iminthemoodfordancingromancing Tue 20-Feb-18 00:13:45

Ok this is an emergency

I forgot i defrost my prawns, left it in the sink under cold running tap water for 5 mins. Then opened it up, put it in a boiling water for 4 mins, then rinsed it with freezing cold water for 2 mins.

I’ve now just fried it with some veg .... If i add the prawns to my cous cous and eat it, am i going to get sick ?

i feel like i will, shall i just bin it and order a pizza ? Seafood is not to be messed with

OP’s posts: |
FannyWisdom Tue 20-Feb-18 00:16:35

Pregnant?

SneakyGremlins Tue 20-Feb-18 00:16:38

Try one? Fry them a bit more? order the pizza

Weebo Tue 20-Feb-18 00:18:49

As long as they are cooked properly you will be fine.

TeddyIsaHe Tue 20-Feb-18 00:19:23

They’re fine! Just heat them all the way through.

iminthemoodfordancingromancing Tue 20-Feb-18 00:26:02

No i don’t think i’m pregnant, i’m just a silly university student who thought it’d be a good idea to make dinner at midnight 🙄

iminthemoodfordancingromancing Tue 20-Feb-18 00:27:08

Trying a prawn doesn’t sound like a good idea if im afraid that eating them will poison me ... I’ll just keep it on a low heat i guess

LolitaLempicka Tue 20-Feb-18 00:27:20

Defrosting with cold water is fine and doesn’t take much time if you forget to defrost in fridge. I personally wouldn’t touch them after you put in boiling water then in freezing water. The shrimp would have started to cook at that stage and there is a danger of bacteria. Next time just defrost in very cold water, it takes less than 10 minutes.

ferrier Tue 20-Feb-18 00:28:12

I often have to cook them from frozen blush I haven't died yet though your experience may be different 😅

FannyWisdom Tue 20-Feb-18 00:35:18

If you aren't pregnant stop worrying.
Cook them properly so they are very hot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »