Talk

Advanced search

Jambalaya

(5 Posts)
Roseybaby Fri 09-Feb-18 11:36:17

Hey all
New here and wondering if someone can help.
I've friends over for dinner tonight and I'm cooking a jambalaya, I want to cook it an hour or so before we eat so I'm not faffing when they are here, can I keep it warm enough to serve for that long and when should I add the prawns.

Thanks

TwinningIt Fri 09-Feb-18 16:04:35

I wouldn’t cook rice that far ahead to keep warm.
Do you cook the rice in together with everything else (absorption way) or separately? I cook mine all in together - if I’m trying to get ahead, I fry onions, veg etc first then cool it. Quick reheat, add rice and stock then it’s pretty hands free and add prawns at the end. Not much faffing.

UrbaneSprawl Fri 09-Feb-18 16:32:40

Cracking Friday night dish, just like my dad used to make!

I wouldn’t keep it warm that long, but I often cook into in advance and let it cool before serving.

I fry off the onion then stir in rice to go translucent in the oil, then add celery, peppers, tomaotes etc., fry for a bit more then add prawns and meats, followed by chicken stock.

Thebluedog Fri 09-Feb-18 16:33:47

If I want to keep it I use microwave rice (yes I know), and add that just before I serve

Roseybaby Sat 10-Feb-18 08:25:47

Thanks all. I just cooked it while they was there. It was tasty too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now