Talk

Advanced search

Best recipe for waffles (in a waffle maker)

(10 Posts)
paddlingwhenIshouldbeworking Thu 08-Feb-18 13:10:42

I've been given a waffle maker. Have family staying for half term. Don't really want to practise as do not need any excuse to eat more waffles myself. Does anyone have a failsafe recipe?

woodlanddreamer Thu 08-Feb-18 13:15:14

Costco pancake mix! I don't do mixes etc, but this is unbeatable! Hopefully someone else has a "proper" recipe

paddlingwhenIshouldbeworking Thu 08-Feb-18 13:22:07

Oh I wouldn't be opposed to a mix, but I don't live anywhere near a costco!

Minestheoneinthegreen Thu 08-Feb-18 17:53:40

I don't have a waffle maker, it's safer for my waistline. However, I would head straight to nigella to look for recipes- waffles strikes me as something she'd do and I find her baking recipes to be spot on normally.

woodlanddreamer Thu 08-Feb-18 20:40:02

She has a buttermilk pancakes recipe which I'm sure would be fine for waffles

LolitaLempicka Thu 08-Feb-18 23:50:26

I always use a mix, but sometimes replace the milk/water with root beer. Delicious.

karmakameleon Fri 09-Feb-18 11:40:09

The liege waffles from this thread are the best ever.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/1073502-Your-very-best-waffle-recipes-please-ladies

I get the pearl sugar from Ocado.

missyB1 Fri 09-Feb-18 11:45:51

Do use buttermilk it does make a difference, I pop a bit of cornflour in top to thicken the mixture.

Pinklady1981 Sun 11-Feb-18 10:29:00

http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/classic-belgian-waffles

These are lovely. I used vanilla extract instead of almond and I used candarel instead of sukrin. Have also tried with vanilla fat free yogurt instead of natural,yum yum 😋

Brackla Tue 13-Feb-18 18:36:10

Bee Wilson's almond waffles are brilliant. Filling and reasonably healthy (reduce the butter and sugar if you want, they still taste great). www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jan/06/bee-wilson-almond-waffles-recipe-1980s-sitcoms-taste-of-home

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: