Talk

Advanced search

Rice for curry

(6 Posts)
YearOfYouRemember Wed 07-Feb-18 16:46:19

We are having Butter Chicken curry and have made the curry and naan but forgot to buy rice. I have long grain white rice and want to know if anyone can suggest what I can add to it to make it more appetising please? We normally have pilau with chicken korma so the curry is new too. TIA.

CoffeebyIV Wed 07-Feb-18 18:24:39

Could you mix some chopped coriander through the rice or cook it with a pinch of saffron?

LadyPenelopeCantDance Wed 07-Feb-18 18:28:00

Melt some butter, add cloves if you have them. Coat the rice in the butter and then add chicken stock to cook it. I don’t have the exact recipe to hand but that should make a tasty rice!

YearOfYouRemember Wed 07-Feb-18 18:51:18

The kids were starving so we have eaten but thank you very much. Both recipes sound delicious and I'll try them next time as we'll have this curry again.

kateandme Wed 07-Feb-18 22:36:12

yearsofyouremember just for future reference pilau is really easy to cook. onions in pan with some cardom pods,cloves,cinamon stick cumin.add rice.then add your water bay leaves and cook as usual.
sometimes when we don't have all this though just dding a bit of turmeric to the water and a stock cube work really well

YearOfYouRemember Thu 08-Feb-18 10:29:25

Thank you kateandme. My dcs all like curry so I want to make it more plus start making my own sauces again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: