Talk

Advanced search

Non sinking cherries loaf

(4 Posts)
mummybear701 Fri 02-Feb-18 19:39:47

A seemingly never ending task for me - a cherry loaf where the cherries don't sink. I've tried the usual tips like wash cherries, coat with flour, half them, all to no avail.

Specifically I am wondering about using a stiffer batter, like 225 flour, 175 butter/sugar, 3 large eggs. It could conceivably have 2 outcomes, giving more resistance to the cherries to sink OR taking longer to cook through and give the cherries too much time to sink.

One I've never understood is creating air bubbles to push the cherries back up during during baking.

OP’s posts: |
hugoagogo Fri 02-Feb-18 19:44:37

Let me know when you crack it grin

Scribblegirl Fri 02-Feb-18 19:45:47

I've only ever managed it cutting them into tiny bits I'm afraid!

UnimaginativeUsername Fri 02-Feb-18 19:48:34

I saw a tip for blueberry muffins, that would probably work for this. You mix the batter but before you put any fruit in, put some of the plain batter in the bottom of the tin. Then add the fruit to the batter and fill the tin as usual. So long as the batter is thick, the layer of plain batter will stop them sinking to the bottom. Apparently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »