Talk

Advanced search

Cheaper alternative to Benecol?

(6 Posts)
peterfoster Mon 22-Jan-18 09:27:53

I've just started taking a daily Benecol for health reasons. I've noticed that wherever one shops the price seems to around £3.25 for 6. Does anyone know, please, of a cheaper source for the product or a cheaper alternative which broadly will do the same job. Thanks.

RagingWoman Tue 23-Jan-18 15:48:28

There are apparently supermarket own brand equivalents of benecol yogurt drinks which have the same effect on your cholesterol. Worth looking out for?

Blondie1984 Tue 23-Jan-18 16:41:29

It might be more cost effective to look at other dietary/ lifestyle changes you can make ....

brownelephant Tue 23-Jan-18 16:43:40

I'm with blondie.
oats are beneficial, as is a general good diet rich in veg and cold pressed veg oils.

Els1e Tue 23-Jan-18 16:45:30

Aldi do a cheaper one and they taste fine.

peterfoster Wed 24-Jan-18 12:49:25

Many thanks for the helpful responses, guys. I'll most certainly give the Aldi option a go. My favourite breakfast is 40 grams of oat bran mixed with half a pint of semi skimmed milk and microwaved (900 watt) for four minutes, pausing each minute to give the mixture a stir. I have it with half a banana, chopped, and a handful of mixed nuts....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now