Talk

Advanced search

Soupmakers

(6 Posts)
FairfaxAikman Sun 14-Jan-18 12:22:42

Anyone got one?

I got one as a present and I love it - no need to keep an eye on the pot and very quick.
I've been meaning to eat healthier so hope this will help.

I've just made the Tesco "magic" soup recipe- nice, if a little sweet.

Hit me with your favourite soup maker friendly recipes please.

OP’s posts: |
brizzledrizzle Sun 14-Jan-18 12:39:48

Yes. I did carrot and coriander the other day, I just chuck in whatever veg need using up and add spices.

HolyShet Sun 14-Jan-18 12:50:12

I love mine its genius

My faves:
All have a base of soffrito (finely chopped onion, celery, leek and carrot - I chop up veg and freeze it in bulk for speedy soupmaking)

White bean and kale - on chunky setting with smoked paprika
Rich tomato (1 tin + dollop puree)and green lentil - also on chunky setting + smoked paprika
Leek and potato - barely any potato - half of one, ton of sliced leeks - smooth setting, with thyme or rosemary from the garden - also nice if you chuck in fennel instead/as well as leeks, bit of cream if you are that way inclined

Minestrone - aim for 7 veg (courgette/carrot/onion/leek/green bean/cabbage/potato/tomato) some sort of herb, some sort of bean and/or pasta, tom puree. Never the same twice but always yummy

thenewaveragebear1983 Sun 14-Jan-18 16:31:14

I love mine, in theory. But I make rubbish, watery soup.

Following this thread for recipes!

FairfaxAikman Sun 14-Jan-18 23:51:49

Discovered why the soup was too sweet. I missed out the chopped tomatoes blush

OP’s posts: |
thenewaveragebear1983 Mon 15-Jan-18 12:50:57

Today I’ve made pea, green lentil and cod soup- just about to taste test.

I do like the idea of freezing ready made bags of soup veg. I used to do this with slow cooker stuff when I was working, so don’t know why it never occurred to me to do it for soup!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in