Talk

Advanced search

CHEEEESE!

(16 Posts)
Frogletmamma Fri 12-Jan-18 16:41:28

What is your favourite cheese? I am especially a blue cheese fan. So if any of you know of any soft creamy (and slightly smelly) blue cheeses please let me know...

Frogletmamma Fri 12-Jan-18 16:51:21

Blue cheese does give me nightmares though. The worst was being chased by a machine gun toting fish finger through a load of revolving rooms. Too much blue cheese!

forcryinoutloud Fri 12-Jan-18 19:02:16

Sean Wilson's cheeses (if you were ever a Corrie fan he played Martin Platt) are by far the best I have ever tasted. This Christmas I got Smelly Apeth ( I think that was the blue cheese) and How's Ya Father, a creamy Lancashire but he does several others. Not sure where you are in the country but there are quite a few stockists around.

myrtleWilson Fri 12-Jan-18 19:05:41

This place is amazing - I discovered it just in time for Christmas! the blue lanark is delicious....https://www.thecourtyarddairy.co.uk/shop/category/buy-cheese/

myrtleWilson Fri 12-Jan-18 19:06:20

Clicky

www.thecourtyarddairy.co.uk/shop/category/buy-cheese/

GrooovyLass Fri 12-Jan-18 19:08:22

Cambazola (sp!) is gorgeous - it's basically a blue brie.

happysunr1se Fri 12-Jan-18 21:04:37

I like fresh goats cheese, a maker called le perroche (?) does a nice one with tarragon. I had one with lavender and lemon once too.

I also like a Camembert style cheese, waitrose has one called Bernard or something.

A soft rinded cheese that's not too ripe and has that creamy crumbly bit right in the centre is my perfect cheese.

Frogletmamma Sat 13-Jan-18 07:00:36

Thanks for the link myrtle I am now casting around for any excuse to buy some serious cheese. All of your cheese suggestions were fabulous and I fancy some cheese for my lunch....

Jux Sat 13-Jan-18 17:03:24

Snowdonia cheese company does fantastic cheddar which is this side of affordable.

You could have a look at The Cheese Shed for Devon cheeses, there are some gorgeous cheeses, quite a few of blues there but also goat, ewe etc. www.thecheeseshed.com/products/cheese/blue

I got a selection of 5 from them for a cheeseboard for a dinner party my friend was holding, which was cancelled. So I and my family gor to eat ALL of it!!! Some of them were really, really yum!

Jux Sat 13-Jan-18 17:13:20

Oh, and this www.cheesehub.com/product/valençay-25862 is my absolutely favourite cheese. Not blue, but give it a whirl.

sirlee66 Sat 13-Jan-18 17:16:03

Cheese is the food of the gods

ragged Sat 13-Jan-18 17:17:55

Mature Cheddar or Edam, close to faves. But most cheeses are marvellous.
Loathe blue. If I'm invited for a meal I always say "I eat most things but NOT BLUE CHEESE."
Also not a fan of smoked.
I'm probably a pleb b/c I happily use pre-shredded for many things. grin

Frogletmamma Sun 14-Jan-18 07:33:06

Thanks for cheese suggestions sirlee you are so right. Cheese is to die for.

cdtaylornats Sun 14-Jan-18 09:27:36

I've bought cheese from these people for many years. Always great customer service.

www.finecheese.co.uk/our-cheeses.html

Taffeta Sun 14-Jan-18 16:34:46

The creamiest most deeeelicioud blue cheese I’ve had is Montagnolo Affine.

It’s won loads of awards

Sainsbury’s and Waitrose sell it

Frogletmamma Sun 14-Jan-18 16:38:43

Thanks taffeta . Thanks to this thread we spent £15 on cheese from supermarket and have eaten half a box of crackers. Next week you will probably find me on the weight loss threads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now