Talk

Advanced search

One pot or similar veggi recipes that can be cooked in bulk and frozen - easy please !

(11 Posts)
ginorwine Wed 10-Jan-18 12:37:45

Dd needs to improve her nutrition at uni .
She is veggi and been linking on pasta and baked pots .
She is now planning on cooking once a week and freezing into portions such as veggi bolegnase - however - she can't use quorn as that says don't re freeze on packet . Anyone got any cheapish well balanced ideas please . ?
Was thinking
Veg Shepard s pie with brown lentils
Bol as above
Chilli as above
Can rice be frozen - can pasta pesto and veg be done in bulk too ?
? Dp thinks rice can cause food poisoning ?
Wd be great full for recipes - I'd add veg sausage casserole to the list but quorn issue stops me .

Ricekrispie22 Wed 10-Jan-18 17:53:17

Easy freezable one-pots are what my family live on! Here are the veggie ones from my repertoire:
Cheese & spinach penne with walnut crumble
chilli bean bake with soured cream mash
individual cheddar pies
enchiladas
sweet potato and lentil dhal
gnocchi and tomato bake
spicy lentil casserole
another yummy casserole

lazy cheesy vegetable hotpot I love this one pot as it can be made in the microwave!

Joinourclub Wed 10-Jan-18 17:55:08

Seriously, it is absolutely fine to cook and refreeze quorn.

Nikkynakkynoo Wed 10-Jan-18 17:58:15

This is super simple and I love it as an alternative to bolognaise
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1139652/lentil-rag
be warned though it makes TONNES. I don't know who the six people are that the recipe supposedly serves...more like 10+!! Half the quantities if short on freezer space

BikeRunSki Wed 10-Jan-18 18:04:48

I don’t really like Quorn, but I make a great veggie bolognmaisr with finely chopped mushrooms and a tin of green lentils.

ginorwine Thu 11-Jan-18 12:34:28

Thanks v v much all !!!

Situp Thu 11-Jan-18 12:37:03

There is no problem with freezing rice but you have to cool it and reheat it quickly to prevent botulism.

Making a veggie fajhita mix and reheating with tortillas is good

AriadneThread Thu 11-Jan-18 12:42:15

I am vegan and hate cooking. I make a huge vat of pasta on a Sunday night for the weeks lunch, I make it with basil flavor tofu for protein plus whatever veg, usually tomato, peppers and courgette. I wouldn't freeze pasta though but you could make similar sauce with a ton of chopped tomatoes or Passata and freeze that. Brown pasta is healthier.

I also sometimes make stuff out of a book called Super food Superfast by Julie Montagu, it is all vegan and quick. Stews, soups she could freeze.

notthe1Parrot Thu 11-Jan-18 12:45:54

I freeze all types of pasta, both “undressed “and in sauces and meals.

Nixee2231 Sat 13-Jan-18 22:08:40

I freeze quorn and reuse it literally every day, it tastes exactly the same to me but I can’t speak for any possible health implications.

jmh740 Wed 31-Jan-18 22:39:47

I've been cooking and freezing quorn for 20 years didn't know you weren't meant to

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: