Talk

Advanced search

What to buy from Lidl?

(8 Posts)
Mummasbigsmiles Sun 07-Jan-18 22:45:59

I'm heading to Lidl tomorrow, I'm more used to Aldi but there is now a Lidl closer, I'm wondering what you guys buy from there that you love? Mostly meal ideas?x

LovingLola Sun 07-Jan-18 22:52:18

Fresh berries. Tomatoes, lettuce, onions, mushrooms, bananas. Other veg. as needed. Not potatoes.
Organic milk. Full fat plain yoghurt.
Not meat. Or chicken or fish.

retirednow Sun 07-Jan-18 22:53:06

Smoked salmon, brocolli, creme friache pasta with parmesan. All taste good.Loads of fresh breads, cold meats, tomatoes are yum. Olive oil is very good and so are the spices and herbs. They also have jars of anti pasta and sun dried tomatoes which are really cheap. their fruit and veg always taste fresh and their fresh cut flowers last for ages.

retirednow Sun 07-Jan-18 22:55:55

I like to make smoked salmon and broccoli pasta with creme fraiche and parmesan. Their fresh fruit, veg, breads, cheddar cheese is really good. I buy their Olive oil, jars of sun dried tomatoes, herbs and spices. The fresh flowers last for ages.

HarrietKettleWasHere Sun 07-Jan-18 22:56:11

Gnocchi. Dry or fresh.

Halloumi

Cheese twist in bakery section

Creme fraiche is very good

Lardons

Launderetta Sun 07-Jan-18 22:57:56

Their standard bars of chocolate (milk & white) are exceptional for cooking with, way better & cheaper than the big brands or cooking chocolate.
Sushi boxes are fab, as is garlic bread, plus all the fresh f&v as above.

Purpleprickles Sun 07-Jan-18 23:00:36

We do our main shopping there now, totally won over by Lidl. The meat is good, we eat the steak a lot. Also in the frozen section they have these rossti potato cakes with cheese which are lovely.

BikeRunSki Sun 07-Jan-18 23:03:42

Tiny cucumbers and tiny peppers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »