Talk

Advanced search

9L oven + 1 hob = in need of inspiration

(5 Posts)
misshannah Fri 05-Jan-18 15:39:35

DP and iIhave just moved from house to our Narrowboat, but we're still mid fit-out so my lovely gas oven isn't installed yet. I have a 9L electric oven (very tiny) and 1 electric hob. In need of some inspiration for tiny meals to cook with where possible minimal washing up as our water tank isn't installed yet. I should add i'm 6+5wks pregnant so food needs to be quick, healthy and stomach-able if possible... Nothing with peppers please (YUK) Ideally not much soup either as it does nothing for me.

OP’s posts: |
angstinabaggyjumper Fri 05-Jan-18 15:44:33

Roast vegetables, fry meat or fish?

Tour Fri 05-Jan-18 15:45:03

Google one pot meals. Could you buy a slow cooker for the short term?

Is the move permanent?

misshannah Fri 05-Jan-18 15:56:19

@tour I had a lovely small slow cooker but for some reason DP put it in the bin when we moved.... along with out stew for dinner. hmm

misshannah Fri 05-Jan-18 15:58:31

Yes move is permanent. We're living at the back of the boat atm with our 2 dogs. It's like a little studio apartment atm and is very cosy. We should have water fairly soon... We do have heating at the moment. No electricity installed just yet so extension leads everywhere. I keep thinking it'll all be worth it when it's done as we'll be debt and mortgage free.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »