Talk

Advanced search

No bread

(4 Posts)
Meepmoop Fri 05-Jan-18 13:12:53

Hello,

DH and I are giving up bread. Well DH is and I am by default.

We currently 9/10 times have sandwiches for lunch and sometimes toast for breakfast. My DH will also have peanut butter on toast for a snack also. It's a lot of bread.

I'm trying to think of different lunch ideas but am only getting as far as leftovers and salad.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for interesting lunches. We eat everything but tree nuts

Thank you

OP’s posts: |
WillowySnicket Fri 05-Jan-18 13:21:02

Mackerel or tuna with big salad and lovely lemony dressing. That is our standard! A spoon of chipotle and olive oil on the tuna make it a feast!

Greek yoghurt, frozen blueberrieS, something crunchy that isn't a tree but? Sunflower seeds maybe?

Eggs! On bed of spinach. Or just with cheese. Omelettes are way more delicious than i think they will be.

Greek salad

Fried Halloumi anything. Jamie Oliver does a yummy roast brassica recipe.

Pretty much anything you would have had on toast/sandwich/pasta/rice but put it on a bed of spinach. Or lettuce.

Soup sans bread

AtleastitsnotMonday Fri 05-Jan-18 19:24:25

Fritata
Falafels
Cous cous with roasted veg and chickpeas
Sushi
Quinoa with veg and Cajun chicken
Jacket potato/sweet potatoes with coleslaw, tuna, beans, cheese etc
Tuna pasta salad

Ricekrispie22 Fri 05-Jan-18 19:58:47

If your DH tries peanut butter on caramel rice cakes, he'll never go back to bread!
Another good toast alternative is sweet potato! I kid you not! Just google or have a look at this. nutritionstripped.com/sweet-potato-toast-5-ways/

Corn tortillas are a good sandwich alternative.
Scotch eggs www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4357/spicy-tiffin-eggs
Sausage rolls www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3145673/chorizo-and-apple-sausage-rolls
Quiches and tarts www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/blt-tart
Cheese scones
Muffin-tin frittatas
Pasties www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/461644/ham-pea-and-mint-pasties
Savoury muffins www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/brie-courgette-red-pepper-muffins

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »