Talk

Advanced search

Chicken casserole recipe for slow cooker please?

(5 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Sat 30-Dec-17 19:31:39

Does anyone have a fave chicken casserole recipe they can share with me please? I'd like to make it in the slow cooker.

maddiemookins16mum Sat 30-Dec-17 20:06:54

Bone in chicken thighs, I remove the skin.
I then cut a large white onion into half moons and a couple of crushed garlic cloves.
I get a plastic food bag into which I put 2 dessert spoons of plain flour, 2 teaspoons of dried English mustard powder, a teaspoon of dried thyme and at least a teaspoon of black pepper. Into the bag I put my chicken thighs and give them a good coating so the flour and stuff is quite well stuck.
Add the now dredged chicken thighs to the slow cooker and pour over some cider to just cover them. I cook on low for about 5 hours.
It's really nice with mash and green beans.

Dalesgirl16 Sat 30-Dec-17 20:18:35

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds delicious, wouldn't have thought of adding cider.

CharlieBubbles88 Mon 01-Jan-18 20:35:26

I skin and debone chicken thighs/legs (if you cook on the bone sometimes the 'knuckle' comes off and hides in the casserole) Chuck this in with some stock and a bag of casserole veg. I've got it in Tesco and Sainsbury's frozen section. Bacon optional. At the end I add some gravy granules to thicken. Really simple and you can add potatoes to bulk it out. Freezes really well too. My partner loves it and it goes down well with my fussy grandad

Dalesgirl16 Tue 02-Jan-18 21:45:43

Thanks for tip re frozen veg! Will save me time on chopping and peeling!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »