Talk

Advanced search

Roast dinner/quote fillet advice please

(8 Posts)
overwhelmedbyitall Mon 25-Dec-17 22:13:10

My MIL has requested a full Xmas dinner on boxing day- she hasn't had one in ages because FIL Is vegetarian so she never cooks one. All fine but when I suggested all kinds of yummy looking veggie alternative mains she said just to cook a quorn fillet for FIL.
I bought a bag of quorn fillets but gave just now looked st them and it says to cook them on the hob in a sauce.
So my question is; what do I do as there won't be a sauce? Just fry from frozen or stick it in the oven? If oven, what temp and how long? I would really like it if everyone has a nice meal but have never cooked quorn before and worried it will be really dry and tasteless!
Thanks for any advice...

OP’s posts: |
Blondie1984 Tue 26-Dec-17 01:41:18

How about this....www.quorn.co.uk/recipes/meat-free-chicken-kiev

CwtchMeQuick Tue 26-Dec-17 02:08:57

I usually bung them in the oven for about 30 minutes or so covered in gravy or another sauce. Bear in mind that quorn absorbs quite a lot of liquid so the sauce may dry out if you don’t put a lot in/make it runny.

AdaColeman Tue 26-Dec-17 02:09:25

Make some vegetarian gravy and use that as the sauce to cook the quorn fillets in.

overwhelmedbyitall Tue 26-Dec-17 09:00:37

They do like nice Blondie but I have strict instructions to not do anything fancy with the fillets hmm
Why I didn't think of just cooking them in gravy I don't know?! Thanks. That's what I will do then!

AdaColeman Tue 26-Dec-17 09:36:14

That will work well, and please the traditional guest! wine

overwhelmedbyitall Tue 26-Dec-17 17:56:49

Dinner was a success! Both PIL were very happy.
Thanks for the advice x

AdaColeman Tue 26-Dec-17 18:04:32

Great! fgrin wine

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »