Talk

Advanced search

Help - Turkey Undercooked!

(6 Posts)
Icequeen01 Mon 25-Dec-17 16:06:34

Just carved off some turkey breast which certainly looks cooked to me but have noticed some blood at the bottom of the carving plate and can see it is coming from the bottom of the turkey. Are we going to be OK eating the breast (only carved a little off as only 3 of us today) and what should I do with the rest of the turkey. It's now been out of the oven for an hour and is now semi carved. Is it a disaster?

OP’s posts: |
sproutsandparsnips Mon 25-Dec-17 16:16:56

I wouldn't sorry not worth the risk. Cook sausages instead?

Peach1886 Mon 25-Dec-17 16:19:07

Breast should be fine, along with other bits that are obviously cooked. Bits that are underdone carve up anyway and use in things that need to be cooked themselves (not just heated through) so pies, curry, stew and so on.

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Mon 25-Dec-17 16:33:33

Peach1886 is right. It will be fine.

Icequeen01 Mon 25-Dec-17 17:09:25

Thank you so much. The breast really did seem fine so we have chanced it I will leave to cool and carve up the rest to see which bits we can use tomorrow. The rest is always made into a turkey soup by my mum and it's my DS's favourite. What a panic, I've never had that happen to me before.

OP’s posts: |
badbadhusky Mon 25-Dec-17 17:12:26

When this happened at my Mum’s years ago, we carved enough breast meat for lunch & microwaved it till the juices were clear. We covered the rest of the bird with foil & put it back in the oven to finish it off at normal speed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »