Talk

Advanced search

Easy New Year's Eve dinner for 6

(7 Posts)
MrsGannicus Thu 21-Dec-17 18:59:36

I'm hosting New Year's Eve and want to make something tasty but easy for dinner.

Ideally one dish with rice or something similar. Can anyone give me any tried and tested ideas?

OP’s posts: |
Chewbecca Thu 21-Dec-17 19:27:03

How about Nigella's pea, leek and chicken bake from her new series? Tasty, one pan. I serve with crusty bread.

Chewbecca Thu 21-Dec-17 19:28:02

Or Delia's chicken basque is a little more work up front but really yummy.

Ricekrispie22 Fri 22-Dec-17 06:29:08

This chilli con carne recipe is a winner in our house and with over 1000 five-star ratings, it's easy to see why! It serves four, but if you double th recipe, you won't regret having two spare portions! www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3228/chilli-con-carne

MrsGannicus Sat 23-Dec-17 13:24:35

Thanks, I think the chilli con carne is probably the safest option and looks great.

kateandme Sat 23-Dec-17 15:09:43

something like mince hotpot.winner every ny eve here.basically just ur own mince base and then thinly sliced potatos on top dabs of butter and sprinkling of cheese.gorgeous.cheat cottage pie bcause the hassle of mashing is taken out.and can be prepped in advance too.

MrsGannicus Mon 01-Jan-18 11:14:13

Made the chilli con carne and it was delicious (and stress free). Thanks!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »