Talk

Advanced search

Latin American recipes?

(7 Posts)
JassyBelle Tue 05-Dec-17 16:33:18

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Latin American recipe site or book? Or have any well loved recipes of their own?

TIA

goodnightfeast Tue 05-Dec-17 16:37:10

Thomasina Miers has written a few books, and I made a few recipes from her 'Mexican Food At Home' book for a party recently. All completely lush!!! Her books are often bargains in The Works.

I also made a Tres Leches Cake from the Primrose Bakery 'Celebrations' book and have been utterly obsessed with it ever since.

scurryfunge Tue 05-Dec-17 16:44:45

One of our family favourites is Cuban Chicken pie. It's a whole chicken boiled and shredded with onion, capers, olives,tomatoes. Add the topping by processing sweetcorn and beating in eggs then put in the oven. Delicious, goes a long way and is cheap too.

TheCatIsMyEnemy Tue 05-Dec-17 16:47:20

Pebre. A family staple. It's kind of a salsa meets condiment. We eat it with everything.

Coriander, tomatoes, red onion, scotch bonnet chilli (all very finely chopped, red onion blanched). Dressed with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Delicious.

Reppin Thu 07-Dec-17 05:23:27

Pastelón, a kind of Puerto Rican lasagne, but with plantains instead of pasta.

midsomermurderess Fri 08-Dec-17 21:12:55

Ceviche.

myrtleWilson Sat 09-Dec-17 16:08:33

Pork pibil from Thomasina Miers is excellent and I made her pork carnitas last weekend -they were really good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: