Talk

Advanced search

Sausage casserole recipe?

(9 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Mon 04-Dec-17 15:34:55

Does anyone have a nice sausage casserole recipe I can make in the slow cooker please?

OnlyTheDepthVaries Mon 04-Dec-17 19:35:34

Coleman’s packet mix.....but use less water. ‘Tis lovely.

Tobuyornot99 Mon 04-Dec-17 19:37:41

Came on to say same as pp! I assume onions / peppers (mushrooms if any are languishing about) and it's cowing lush!
Browning the sausages first makes it more pleasing to the eye

retirednow Mon 04-Dec-17 19:40:44

Fry chunky bits of sausage with onion, when cooked add baked beans. Top with mashed potato and sprinkle cheese on top. Cook it all in a pot, put under the grill to melt and brown the cheese.

QuitMoaning Mon 04-Dec-17 19:43:27

Sliced potatoes
Sliced onions
Chopped up sausages
Cover in stock and simmer for 45 minutes

So simple and we are mad for it in our house.

picklemepopcorn Mon 04-Dec-17 19:47:52

I use three kinds of sausages. Normal, smoked like mattesons, and chorizo or salami.

I fry them off, add onions, peppers, tomatoes, kidney beans, butter beans, sweet corn, garlic, herbs, smoked paprika. It's lovely. Thick and rich, served with crusty bread.

Dalesgirl16 Mon 04-Dec-17 22:17:53

Yum, can't wait to try these. No idea how long in the slow cooker though as I have only just got it and used once. It's amazing!

picklemepopcorn Tue 05-Dec-17 07:10:46

I'd go with all day on low, or four hours on high.

Some things benefit from browning first, but most things you can get away with. If you are at home while it's cooking, you can put mince and onions in to brown on their own first for a couple of hours before adding everything else.
I do sausages in the oven when it's on with something else, then put them in the sausage casserole another day.

Dalesgirl16 Sun 10-Dec-17 20:44:47

I'm on pre xmas diet for one more week then I'm having a go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now