Talk

Advanced search

Best bought Chocolate pudding or recipe?

(11 Posts)
PasstheStarmix Sun 03-Dec-17 21:28:20

Hi, I don't like traditional Christmas food so I usually have chocolate pudding/bomb for Christmas day dessert. Can anybody recommend the best bought one you've had? Or a good recipe for self melting chocolate pudding?
So far my favourite bought pudding is Tesco finest chocolate bomb; just wish they made it in a bigger size. Marks and spencer used to do an amazing larger sized choc pudding (shelved) but they stopped it afew years back! Any ideas? Thanks...

OP’s posts: |
PasstheStarmix Mon 04-Dec-17 21:12:12

No ideas?

minipie Mon 04-Dec-17 21:23:42

Gu ganache pots. They are teeny tiny and don't look particularly exciting but very very rich and delicious. Not really a pudding exactly (not cooked) but nicer than any other bought dessert I've had! You could get a couple and top with whipped cream and posh biscuits..?

Summer1986 Mon 04-Dec-17 21:29:26

Nigella lawsons chocolate pudding with hot chocolate sauce www.nigella.com/recipes/chocolate-pudding-for-christmas-pudding-haters-with-hot-chocolate-sauce

PasstheStarmix Mon 04-Dec-17 21:57:22

Thanks minipie sounds yummy but has to be cooked; I have a stubborn DF who won't try new things and likes his choccy pud the old fashioned cooked way! Thanks Summer1986 I'll check the recipe out and may do a trail run if not too complicated hmm

minipie Mon 04-Dec-17 22:43:26

fair enough! I've done these (also Nigella) a few times. Very very easy and you can make the mixture in advance and then just cook at the last minute.

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 15:04:26

Thanks minipie I love that looks yummy I could eat one of those now with a little cream or vanilla icecream!! Love how their individual pots and saves any faff of dishing up..smile

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 15:04:42

they're

minipie Tue 05-Dec-17 19:17:16

They are delicious but very rich and I find her portions too big (and I'm an enthusiastic eater...) I make them a bit smaller. And yes you need cold double cream with them!

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 19:43:39

minipie they sound indulgent ans super yummy. I sense I shall have to trial them for Christmas in advance fwink just to quality control my ingredients of course. I have such a sweet tooth and the portion size for me is prob a good thing as I usually manage quite sickly desserts but struggle with too big of a savoury portion; the other and ah around to most I suppose. fsmile

PasstheStarmix Tue 05-Dec-17 19:44:09

other way that should say

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »